On Harvey Milk's birthday, join friends for this free annual event held in Harvey's honor. We'll gather at the LGBTQ Community Center, take a walk of remembrance down the nation's first Harvey Milk Street, and then head down University Avenue to Harvey Milk's American Diner for socializing, drink specials and a unified community toast to Harvey at 8 p.m.
- 6:45 p.m. - Meet on the steps in front of the San Diego LGBT Community Center; brief remarks about the legacy of Harvey Milk.
- 7-7:20 p.m. - Walk of Remembrance down the nation's first Harvey Milk Street; photographs in front of Harvey Milk Street sign.
- 7:20-7:40 - Walk along University Avenue to Harvey Milk's American Diner at 6th Avenue and University Avenue.
- 7:40-8:00 p.m. - Enjoy drink specials, good food and socializing at the diner named in honor of Harvey, with a portion of proceeds going to the Harvey Milk Foundation.
- 8:00 p.m. - We'll raise our glasses in a unified community toast to Harvey Milk!
- 8-9:00 p.m. - More socializing and fellowship in memory of, and in tributre to, Harvey.
Now proudly sponsored by San Diego Remembers, this annual event was launched in 2013 by the San Diego Multicultural LGBT Literary Foundation and the San Diego Sqooterheads. It is open to all who wish to honor Harvey Milk on his birthday. The goal is to fill the nation's first Harvey Milk Street with well-wishers united in remembrance, and to unite the community in a toast to Harvey at 8 p.m. every year.
Here's the route! (Blaine Avenue is now Harvey Milk Street):https://goo.gl/maps/O5YjW